ME, MY FATHER AND MUMBAI

It was really a great day for me, my father and Mumbai on May 19 when I, at the age of 13, first visited Mumbai, the business capital of India – the largest democracy in the world. I have reason to smile. By that time, the Congress Party and its allies in the United Progressive Allaince (UPA) had got mandate of the people of the country to reinstate the Government in Raisina Hill in New Delhi.
My parents – Mr. Shivnath Jha and my mother Mrs. Neena Jha – have compiled and edited a first-ever pictorial coffee-table book “Prime Ministers of India:Bharat Bhagya Vidhata” to rehabilitate Smt. Sultana Begum, the great grand daughter of India’s last Mughal Emperor Bahadur Shah Zafar. She is living in a slum in Howrah.
We were in Mumbai to show the ornamental copy of the book to two senior senior bureaucrats and financial experts posted in Mumbai. After going through the book, both the officials, who were in their 60s, blessed my father and me for making such a book, never published before.
My father has no money to publish the book and rehabilitate Smt. Begum from its sale proceeds. We were sitting at their office in Nariman Point. After an hour, one of the officer said to my father “India is celebrating its 60th Republic in 2009. India has more than 113 crore populations and unaccounted number of crorepaties besides crores of educationists, academicians and publishing houses. No one thought about this subject. “Alham-di-lullah”.
Now, with their helps, the book will be published and released in the national capital - where I have been living for the past 13 years – some time next month but before June 15, 2009.
This book is dedicated to Rajiv Gandhi, the great dynamic leader who was killed by LTTE almost 19 years before.
After completing our work, my father took me to Nariman Point and Gateway of India from where I saw my strong future and future of India as it lies in the hands of Youth.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trial & death of Tatya Tope

Forgotten Indian Heroes & Martyrs: Their Neglected Descendants-1857-1947( By Shivnath and Neena Jha)

Bismillah Khan now in Class IX syllabus